Teamwork, Friendship, Fitness, and Fun
Building Character, one Character (Player) at a time
Open for New Players
We are open for Santa Barbara area girls in 6U, 8U, 10U, 12U, and 14U divisions. Each division contains teams of girls who are under the designated age. I.E. 8U is for girls 8 and under.
We are supporting a Fall Ball program offered by the Goleta League for 8U, 10U, and 12U players.
Program will consist of one 2 hour session on Sundays to avoid conflict with athletes who also enjoy AYSO soccer in the fall. Location: DP fields. Length: 6 weeks. Cost: $30/player.
Starts Sept 14th. Sign-up thru the GVGSA Website.
Santa Barbara League (www.sbgsa.com) is offering a drop in practice at Elings Park for 8U, 10U, and 12U players wanting to improve their skills.
Tuesdays, 5-6 PM skills practice. Contact: Tammy Nelson
Thursdays, 5-6 PM Pitching / Catching Session with Coach Delanie Sabac. Contact: Sam Schaefer
- Every Monday from 5-6 PM at San Marcos High School
- Clinics are free and open to all levels of girls!
- Must have a competent catcher!!! (usually a parent)
- For more information and to confirm schedule go to www.nancyeckert.com
2015 SBGSA Season League Tentative Schedule
REGISTRATION will begin in November 2014! League will start February 9 and end May 2. All registration will be completed ONLINE.
- 6 years & under: TBD
- 8 years & under through 14 & under: TBD
Tentative 2015 season schedule. Home games to be played at Elings Park.
- Registration Begins: November 2014
- Registration Ends: January 2015
- Pre-Evaluation and Coach Workshops
- Player Evaluation: Will be conducted at Elings Park fields
- Coaches Meeting: February 2, 2015
- Team Meetings: February 3-8, 2015
- Practices Begin: February 9, 2015
- Umpire Training: TBD
- Opening Day: March xx, 2015 (TBD)
- Opening Day Rainout if needed: TBD
- All Star Nominations: May 3, 2015
- Closing Day: May 2, 2015
- Annual League Meeting: TBD
- All Star Practice Begins: May 5, 2015
- All Star Season Ends: July 2015
- SBGSA 2016 Board Nominations: August 8-12, 2015
- SBGSA 2016 Board Elections: August 15, 2014
- 2016 SBGSA Board takes office: September 1, 2015
*All girls ages 6 through 14 living in the Santa Barbara, Montecito, and Goleta areas are eligible to register with SBGSA.
If you have interest in helping the league by coaching, volunteering, serving on our Board, or donating funds or equipment, please contact one of our Board members!
Thanks for your interest and we are excited to support girls youth fastpitch in Santa Barbara!
All-Star Qualifications: The All-Star boundary rule applies to both the Santa Barbara and Goleta girls softball associations.
A player who wants to play all-stars will need to register and play in their HOME league. The SBGSA boundaries include the Santa Barbara School District, Montecito Union School District, and the Cold Springs School District. The GVGSA boundaries are the Goleta Union School and Hope School Districts. We plan to offer an all-star opportunity for girls in the SBGSA, or coordinate an all-star opportunity through Goleta.
Please read the All Star Player Eligibility Guidelines.
For Goleta and SBGA, a player's "home" recreational league is defined by the junior high school attendance area that includes her permanent place of residence OR the school that she attends fulltime as of April of that year.
- SBGSA: Santa Barbara Junior High School and La Cumbre Junior High School
- GVGSA: La Colina Junior High School and Goleta Valley Junior High School
Assuming the player is registered with her home league, the Eligibility Guideline then addresses eligibility to play with an adjacent league.